You've read about how nootropics can effect our memory, motivation and relaxation... But how does this work?
After watching this video, you'll find out just how you can change your own brain chemistry to feel the way you want. Hint: It's all in your neurons and neurotransmitters.
- Neurons are your brain-cells - they act like telecommunication towers and send information to one another around your brain.
- Neurotransmitters are your chemical messengers - they send information from neuron to neuron.
- Your neurotransmitter receptors "catch" the information at each neuron. There are different kinds of neurotransmitters:
- Acetylcholine typically sends memory and muscle messages.
- Dopamine sends messages of motivation.
- Serotonin sends messages of pleasure.
- GABA sends messages of relaxation.
- Choline supplements like Alpha GPC and CDP Choline (Citicoline) provide Acetylcholine.
- Serotonin supplements like 5-HTP and L-Tryptophan are good for pleasure and lifting mood.
- L-Theanine and Green Tea are good for increasing GABA and relaxing you.