What you eat is very important to maintain balanced hormones. Some ingredients can help detoxify and flush out used hormones, while others can really inflame them.
This is a diet recommended by hormone experts and physicians - it will help balance your hormones, stabilize your blood sugar levels and improve your digestion.
1. When you wake up, drink apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
Drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice in a 200ml glass of room temperature water.
This increases your stomach acid, which helps your body break down nutrients into minerals and vitamins. This is important because we need minerals and vitamins for our glands to create hormones.
After a few days, you will feel more energetic and have better bowel movements with this simple first step.
2. Breakfast - Protein, Fat and Fiber
We eat too much sugar for breakfast. Sugar is a leading cause of hormone imbalances, and causes problems like:
- Estrogen dominance (PMS, fibroids, endometriosis, breast lumps)
- High testosterone levels (ovarian cysts, facial hair, stubborn belly fat)
- Exhausting your adrenals (which manage stress, as well as blood sugar)
Instead, try to follow the PFF breakfast diet (Protein, Fat, Fiber):
- Proteins: Pastured milk, nuts, eggs, chia seeds.
- Fats: Coconut butter, avocado, grass-fed butter, nuts.
- Fiber: Rolled oats, flaxseeds, vegetables.
3. Drink Less Coffee
Try to drink less coffee, because it exhausts your adrenal glands. We need our adrenal glands to function well to help us manage stress.
Instead of coffee, try taking adaptogen herbs. Rhodiola Rosea, for example, is clinically proven to increase energy levels and also balance hormones.
We include Rhodiola Rosea in our all-natural Adaptogen Complex supplement, which is effectively a hormone-friendly coffee replacement.
4. Lunch - Include Cruciferous & Detoxifying Veggies
When you have lunch, include some cruciferous vegetables!
They include a special compound called DIM (Diindolylmethane), which helps your liver's detoxification process. In liver detoxification, you break down and flush out metabolised (used up) hormones.
Here is a list of cruciferous vegetables:
- Broccoli sprouts
- Bok Choy
To make sure you get enough DIM, we also recommend supplementing it. Our DIM supplement includes the same amount of DIM as 4-5 cups of broccoli, per vegetarian capsule.
5. Dinner - Eat Light and Early
Keep dinner light, ideally a soup - these are easy to digest. It's hard to get a good night's sleep with a heavy meal like a steak.
Also, eat early, ideally before 6.30pm. This gives you ample time to digest your meal.
6. Before Bed - Drink Herbal Tea
Herbal teas support your livers detoxification process. Some ideas:
- Fresh ginger with a slice of lemon soothes the gut
- Dandellion root tea helps the liver
- Chamomile helps your body calm and sleep better